Friday, October 24, 2008

Week #9

Another sub-par week last week at 2-3. George Washington is steadily catching up as I continue to slide. I think as we get into the meat of the season, I'm making the class amateur mistake by picking with my heart. So with that lesson in mind, here goes as I look to get back in the win column with 5 games from week 9.

Illinois (-2.5) at Wisconsin -- MY PICK: ILLINOIS, GEORGE'S: ILLINOIS; The Badgers season is sinking fast after losses to Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State. I expect it to continue, even at home. Look for a big game from Illini QB Juice Williams.

Ole Miss(-6.5) at Arkansas -- MY PICK: OLE MISS, GEORGE'S: ARKANSAS; I wish the line wasn't so high here. Though I have every reason to go with the Rebels, it is a road game afterall. Ole Miss is coming off a close loss to Alabama. Coach Houston Nutt will make sure his boys win this one.

Alabama (-5) at Tennessee -- MY PICK: ALABAMA, GEORGE'S: TENNESSEE; The oddsmakers are giving too much respect to the home field edge at famed Neyland Stadium. Coach Phil Fulmer may be fighting to keep his job. But Alabama is just too good. This one could be a blowout.

Texas Tech (+1) at Kansas -- MY PICK: KANSAS, GEORGE'S: TEXAS TECH; Looks like I've taken an attachment to this Kansas team. They are very flawed, especially on defense. But I am impressed by the way they can put up points. So too can Texas Tech. This will be a shootout. I'll take the home team.

Notre Dame (-10) at Washington -- MY PICK: WASHINGTON, GEORGE'S: WASHINGTON; I could see the Fighting Irish finding a way to win this one. Washington is very young and not that good. They haven't even won a game yet. But it's a home game and a long road trip for Notre Dame. If there is justice, Coach Ty Willingham gets revenge for his unjust firing. I think that's reason enough to think this one will be close.

JTB YEARLY RECORD: 24-15-1
GW YEARLY RECORD: 17-22-1

No comments: