Saturday, October 11, 2008

Week #7

Going with all big games this week. That sometimes makes playing against the spread a little tougher. But I think I'm up for it. Should be a good week. I hope my brother Russ has fun at the Cotton Bowl for this year's version of the Red River Shootout.

So here's a look at my 5 games from week 7. Notice the coin decided to have George Washington piggy-back my every move!

Oklahoma (-6.5) vs Texas -- MY PICK: OKLAHOMA, GEORGE'S: OKLAHOMA; Assuming a neutral crowd, I think the Sooners have the better team. This game could really be a shootout with the outstanding QB play for both Big 12 powerhouses. But the Oklahoma running game will be the difference. They win by 10 points or so.

Tennessee (+12.5) at Georgia -- MY PICK: GEORGIA, GEORGE'S: GEORGIA; This could be coach Phil Fullmer's worst season ever in Knoxville. I have no faith in QB Jonathan Crompton. UGA is coming off a bitter loss and is home. This looks like a blowout to me.

Arizona State (+28.5) at USC -- MY PICK: ARIZONA STATE, GEORGE'S: ARIZONA STATE; Arizona State was my upset special to win the Pac 10. USC just lost to a weak Oregon State team. Why is the spread so high? I'll take the points and hope Sun Devil QB Rudy Carpenter can score TD's to keep this one close.

Penn State (-6.5) at Wisconsin -- MY PICK: PENN STATE, GEORGE'S: PENN STATE; I have no faith in the Badgers, even at home, after crushing losses to Michigan and Ohio State. They blew leads in each case and showed no toughness. They complete the trifecta by losing big at home to a far superior Penn State team.

LSU (+6.5) at Florida -- MY PICK: LSU, GEORGE'S: LSU; I know Florida is home but this spread has it all wrong. I think the Gators have a real shot of pulling off the upset. But if so, it'd be just that -- an upset. This game should be close.

JTB YEARLY RECORD: 20-9-1
GW YEARLY RECORD: 11-18-1

No comments: