Tuesday, October 28, 2008

JBCS Rankings II

No change in my top 2 this week. But I'm bumping Georgia and Penn State up one spot each after impressive wins. I moved Texas Tech up to #5 after watching them actually play some good defense on the road against Kansas, while still bringing their usual offense showcase. With a home game against Texas this Saturday, their fate is truly in their own hands and I'd love to see them win. Also I'm putting Oklahoma State ahead of Oklahoma because they played Texas much tighter and they also did it on the road. It's amazing how good that Big 12 South is this year.

LSU drops off the list after losing at home to Georgia. In their place is non-BCS conference Boise State. They're undefeated and actually have a track record of belonging in elite company after their shocking 2006 Fiesta Bowl win. Finally, watch for the Florida Gators at #9. This is a make-or-break week. A win over Georgia moves them way up. But if they lose, they're likely gone from my top 10.

1. ALABAMA
2. TEXAS
3. GEORGIA
4. PENN STATE
5. TEXAS TECH
6. OKLAHOMA STATE
7. OKLAHOMA
8. SOUTHERN CAL
9. FLORIDA
10. BOISE STATE

No comments: