Saturday, October 18, 2008

Week #8

I'm coming off my first losing week of the season. The difference maker was Florida winning over LSU, however, so I'm ok with that. But it's time to make up for it this week big time.

So here's a look at my 5 games from week 8.

Missouri (+4) at Texas -- MY PICK: MIZZOU, GEORGE'S: MIZZOU; I say Texas chokes with the pressure of being #1. Mizzou is coming off a loss and QB Chase Daniel will love playing before a homestate Texas crowd. Everyone is going to have a loss by the time this thing is over with.

Kansas(+20) at Oklahoma -- MY PICK: KANSAS, GEORGE'S: KANSAS; I think Oklahoma wins in a shootout. Kansas can score, especially if they get the ball to WR Dezmon Briscoe! Give me the 20 points, even in Norman.

Ohio State (-3.5) at Michigan State -- MY PICK: MICH STATE, GEORGE'S: OHIO STATE; Please let the Spartans hand Ohio State a second loss so we are spared any nightmare scenario of seeing them in the Championship game once again. Look for a lot of RB Javon Ringer who could emerge as a Heisman hopeful with this gamn.

Miami (-3) at Duke -- MY PICK: MIAMI, GEORGE'S: MIAMI; Coach David Cutcliffe will make Duke a better team. He's already seen them win a conference game for the first time in 2 years. But I expect Miami to bounce back from a bitter loss to Florida State. It's time for much-heralded Miami QB Robert Marve to emerge as something other than mediocre.

Virginia Tech (+2.5) at Boston College -- MY PICK: VA TECH, GEORGE'S: BOSTON COLLEGE; Look for the Hokies to get revenge for last year's heartbreaking loss to Matt Ryan and BC. I don't trust their offense and unsettling QB situation but Va Tech's defense and special teams can win games on their own.

JTB YEARLY RECORD: 22-12-1
GW YEARLY RECORD: 13-21-1

No comments: