Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week #13

I'm coming off another horrid 1-4 week. I'm just 1 game above .500 after flirting with .750 earlier in the year. This week, I'll follow the lead of my Gators and take a week off from the SEC. But The Citdeal? That might be pushing it Jeremy Foley! Regardless, there's not too many exciting ones in the SEC anyway. And I'm going to avoid the Texas Tech-Oklahoma matchup because my brain and heart are at odds. I don't want to spoil the enjoyment of watching it. So here are my 5 games from week #13.

Illinois (-3) at Northwestern -- MY PICK: NORTHWESTERN, GEORGE'S: NORTHWESTERN; The Illini have been one of my biggest disappointments this year. Give me a much better Northwestern team at home and the points.

BYU (+6.5) at Utah -- MY PICK: BYU, GEORGE'S: UTAH; Rarely do I root for a team full of Mormons. But in this one, there's really no choice either way. Give me BYU and the points to clear up the BCS confusion.

Oregon State (+2) at Arizona -- MY PICK: ARIZONA, GEORGE'S: OREGON STATE; I would love to see Oregon State get the Rose Bowl berth instead of USC. They deserve it too. But I just don't see it happening. This is a tough road game and 2 points ain't enough for me.

Michigan (+19) at Ohio State -- MY PICK: OHIO STATE, GEORGE'S: MICHIGAN; I vowed not to touch Michigan again. But this one looks so easy. How can you not like Ohio State at home in a blowout against a horrible team. We shall see as I tempt fate yet again!

Boise State (-7) at Nevada -- MY PICK: NEVADA, GEORGE'S: NEVADA; Though I'm fond of Boise from their 2006 heroics, I'd like to see them fall here so a 2nd SEC team is assured a BCS spot. 7 points is a lot to lay on the road against a decent Nevada squad.

JTB YEARLY RECORD: 30-29-1
GW YEARLY RECORD: 26-33-1

No comments: