Saturday, November 15, 2008

Week #12

I finally turned it around last week with a 3-2 performance. That's good, not great, but it kicked George Washington's butt at least. Lesson learned is I'm much better when I stick with the SEC. So I'll take 3 SEC games today, going all with favorites I like. The line scares me away from LSU and Alabama, though both should win.

Georgia (-9) at Auburn -- MY PICK: GEORGIA, GEORGE'S: GEORGIA; Auburn is simply awful on the offensive side of the ball this year. No way Georgia loses this one and I don't see it being close. It wouldn't be fair, but Coach Tubberville may be in trouble in Tiger land.

Vandy (+3.5) at Kentucky -- MY PICK: KENTUCKY, GEORGE'S: KENTUCKY; It's a shame but Vandy is in their annual free fall. They started 5-0 and needed only 1 more win for a possible bowl berth. It still hasn't happened. The offense is stagnant no matter which QB they lose and I don't seem them winning at Kentucky.

South Carolina (+21) at Florida -- MY PICK: FLORIDA, GEORGE'S: FLORIDA; With memories of the 1 point thriller two years ago, I'm hesitant to pick Florida in a blowout over Steve Spurrier. And the Gamecocks are playing good ball too. But Florida is hungry and they know their SEC and BCS fate is in their own hands now. Too much Tebow.

Nebraska (-6) at Kansas State -- MY PICK: KANSAS STATE, GEORGE'S: KANSAS STATE; This one could be ugly. Both teams have underperformed this year. And while Nebraska Coach Bo Pellini has just started rebuilding, K State Coach Ron Prince has already been fired. Doesn't seem fair as expectations were too high in the wake of legendary Coach Bill Snider. I look for K State to win one at home for the departing coach.

Ohio State (-9) at Illinois -- MY PICK: ILLINOIS, GEORGE'S: OHIO STATE; Remember this one last year? Illinois shocked an undefeated Ohio State on the road and seeminly prevented them from ruining the BCS title game. It didn't play out that way, but Illini Coach Ron Zook will rally his underachieving troops for a big home win here. It's my upset special of the week.

JTB YEARLY RECORD: 29-25-1
GW YEARLY RECORD: 24-30-1

No comments: