Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week #11

A 3rd straight pathetic week and I'm barely above .500. George Washington is literally nipping at my heels. Time to circle the wagons by looking only at the 5 SEC games today. In week 11 I like all the favorites. Yes, that does scare me!

Georgia (-13.5) at Kentucky -- MY PICK: GEORGIA, GEORGE'S: GEORGIA; Look for Georgia to bounce back strongly after an embarrassing blowout last week by the Gators. If they can avoid turnovers and special teams mistakes, they should be able to win big even on the road.

Wyoming (+27) at Tennessee -- MY PICK: TENNESSEE, GEORGE'S: WYOMING; I'm not impressed by the Volunteers by any means, but I expect them to be fired up against a cupcake on the Saturday following longtime coach Phil Fullmer's resignation.

Alabama (-3.5) at LSU -- MY PICK: ALABAMA, GEORGE'S: LSU; I wish this game was a pick 'em. I think Alabama finds a way to escape with a win in Death Valley but I can see it being very close. Crimson Tide QB John Parker Wilson and RB Glen Coffee must manage field position in this one.

Florida (-24) at Vanderbilt -- MY PICK: FLORIDA, GEORGE'S: VANDY; I just don't see a letdown game here after Florida suffered one earlier this year against Ole Miss. Vandy could make it a 3 way tie in the SEC East with an upset win. But they are coming off 4 losses in a row and not impressing anyone of late. The Gators roll here.

Arkansas (+12.5) at South Carolina -- MY PICK: SOUTH CAROLINA, GEORGE'S: ARKANSAS; Again I'm somewhat afraid of the spread here, but I think South Carolina finds a way to get it done at home. With a senior QB and good running game, Arkansas has some weapons on offense but I don't trust their defense at all. Look for new Gamecock QB Stephen Garcia to continue his progress under the Ol' Ball Coach.

JTB YEARLY RECORD: 26-23-1
GW YEARLY RECORD: 23-26-1

No comments: